The EDEN Professional Development Committee accepts webinar proposals on a continuous basis. EDEN webinars must address a disaster-related topic in one of Extension’s main program areas: Agriculture, Nature Resources, Community Development, Family and Consumer Sciences, 4-H Youth Development, and Sea Grant. Preference is given to webinars lead by an EDEN Delegate. EDEN does not accept webinars promoting outside organizations, products, or for-profit services.
To submit a webinar proposal for review, complete the following form: http://bit.ly/EDEN-PD-Webinar-Info-Submission. The submission form requires the webinar title, a short description of the webinar that will be used for marketing purposes, the name of each presenter, brief bio(s) for presenter(s), and a headshot photo.
Webinar Submission Process and Timeline
- Submit webinar proposals via the EDEN website – http://bit.ly/EDEN-PD-Webinar-Info-Submission
- The proposals will be reviewed by the Professional Development Committee for approval
- Once approved, a member of the Professional Development Committee or EDEN Staff will contact the lead presenter to schedule the webinar
- Using the information provided in the proposal the EDEN Support Team will create marketing materials for the webinar, including a registration email to be sent to EDEN delegates and social media posts.
- The Professional Development Committee will assign a moderator to the webinar as a host, the moderator will state the webinar, introduces the presenters, share questions for the chat, and close the webinar.
- After the webinar, a recording of the session will be posted to the EDEN Website and YouTube.
In most cases, the time to process a webinar proposal from submission to the webinar event is about 3 weeks. However, the Professional Development Committee encourages presenters to submit in advance to ensure their preferred webinar timeslot is available. EDEN webinars are hosted on the Zoom Platform.