Plan to Stay in Business
As a business owner or manager, you are a leader in your community and have the opportunity to set an example for your employees, customers, and community to follow. This September for National Preparedness Month, join your community in preparing for emergencies and disasters of all types, and leading efforts to encourage the community as a whole to become more prepared.
Disasters not only devastate individuals and neighborhoods, but entire communities, including businesses of all sizes. As an employer in your community, having a business continuity plan can help protect your company, its employees, and its infrastructure, and maximizes your chances of recovery after an emergency or disaster.
Ready Business asks companies to take three simple steps: plan to stay in business; encourage your people to become Ready and protect your investment.
This year, the Ready Campaign and Citizen Corps, with support from members of the National Preparedness Community across the nation, including a wide range of businesses and organizations, is focusing on encouraging individuals, families, and businesses to take active steps toward becoming Ready. We must work together as a team to ensure that our families, businesses, places of worship, and neighborhoods Ready.
Ready Business, an extension of the Ready Campaign, helps business owners and managers of small and medium-sized businesses prepare their employees, operations and assets in the event of an emergency. At Ready.gov/business, companies can find vital information on how to get started preparing their organization and addressing their unique needs during an emergency.
For more information, check out:
- EDEN’s Ready Business Course
- “Get Your Business Prepared – Earthquakes” 15 sec PSA (closed captioning http://youtu.be/yex44j8GCag
- “Get Your Business Ready for Disasters” Video (closed captioning) http://youtu.be/89f87x7OyN0
- Follow: @Readygov @EDENtweets
- Contact your Local Extension Educator
- Order publications: call 1-800-BE-READY, 1-888-SE-LISTO, and TTY 1-800-462-7585
- Monthly Preparedness text messages: Text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA) to receive monthly preparedness tips. (msg/data rates apply)