This course teaches the need for business continuity and disaster preparedness planning for small businesses. Produced in Cooperation with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Designed for land-grant university specialists, Cooperative Extension Service educators/agents, business leaders and others to teach small- and medium-sized business owners and managers how to prepare for disasters
After taking part in this training, participants will:
- Understand the need for business continuity and disaster preparedness planning
- Know the concepts of business continuity and disaster preparedness planning
- Discover their disaster risks
- Begin writing their individual disaster plans
Target Audience: Business owners, managers, employees.
Delivery Method: Classroom style
Cost: EDEN does not charge for use of these materials.Cost (if any) depends on the local meeting space, printing, refreshments, etc.
Course Length: About 3 hours
University Credit: No
Materials: Marketing Video, Instructors Guide, PowerPoint Slides, Plan Template, FEMA Mentoring Guide, Online Evaluations
- Ready Business Instructors Guide
- Ready Business Continuity and Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Ready Business PowerPoint
Train-the-Trainer Webinar, March 2011. Archived on YouTube
Promotional Flyer – Word Document
Ready Business: Are You Ready On YouTube
This resource funded by: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), Food and Agriculture Defense Initiative (FADI) and supported by: North Dakota State University