A classroom program Extension educators and others can use to teach families and individuals how to make family disaster kits, develop a family disaster plan, and be informed about and prepared for various disasters.
Families and individuals interested in preparing for potential disasters
EDEN does not charge for use of these materials.Cost will depend on the local cost of meeting space, copying handouts, refreshments, etc.
About 3 hours
Instructor’s Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, and Narrated PowerPoint Slides in Video Format.
These modules include leader guides and PowerPoints for Extension educators and other leaders to download for teaching.
- Course Overview / Leader Guide
- Why Prepare – Leader Guide / PowerPoints
- Get a Kit – Leader Guide / PowerPoints
- Make a Plan – Leader Guide / PowerPoints
- Be Informed and Get Involved – Leader Guide / PowerPoints
- Possible Disasters – Leader Guide / PowerPoints
Narrated PowerPoints for Self-Learning
Handouts/Fact Sheets That Can Be Localized:
- Child Emergency Preparedness
- First Aid Supplies
- Pet Preparedness
- Biological and Chemical Terrorism
Questions or input? Contact Becky Koch at email@example.com or (701) 231-7875.